I’m going to travel the whole state of California in the month of August and my first stop will be in the Fresno, CA. My uncle’s family lives out there and I want to visit them for a couple days before I make my way down to Los Angeles and eventually to San Diego. The best way to travel in California is with a car. Actually, to travel within California you MUST have a car. The problem is, I don’t have a car at the moment because I’ve been living overseas for a long time. I thought about renting, but I realized that’s it’s cheaper just purchasing a car on Craigslist.
Craigslist Fresno cars has a selection of affordable automobiles for less than $5000. My budget is around $3,500 and at the end of my journey, hopefully I’ll be able to sell my car back for around the same price. Fresno is the 5th largest city in California and has a thriving Craigslist cars community.
1. It costs less than $4000
2. It doesn’t need any major repairs
3. It runs well
If it looks like a piece of junk but runs well, I’ll still buy it. So far, here are the cars that’d I’d like to look at once I arrive to Fresno.
List of Affordable Used Car at Craigslist Fresno California
1. Saturn sl1 2002 – clean/loaded/no leaks/no tears/
I’ve heard pretty good things about used Saturns and have heard from mechanics that these cars qre quite reliable.
2. 94 Honda Accord LX – $3000 if smoged or $2500 if buyer performs smog service
3. 2003 Ford Windstar – It’s a minivan…but heck, I’d drive it. Looks pretty clean and only has $150,000 miles on it. Of course, I’d have to test drive it first and I’m sure I could talk the driver down from $2,900 to about $2,400. More money for my roadtrip!
4. 1996 Honda Accord – Automatic transmission, has 150,000 miles and only costs $2000. This one I’m not sure about because of the price and I’d have to thoroughly check the car about before making a decision.
Of course, I’ll make sure to do a Car Fax report on all of the cars to see if it has a salvage title or has had any catastrophic accidents. I’ll update this post once I figure out which car I ended up with.